Wireless tele-monitoring enhances our Chronic Disease Program outcomes by controlling negative symptoms through early diagnosis and proactive interventions. It maximizes quality of care through home-based monitoring and reducing re-hospitalizations. We proudly offer the Honeywell HomMed® Health Monitoring system to our clients, allowing us to monitor our clients’ health status on a daily basis. Tele-monitoring provides:
- Clients with daily feedback regarding the effects of proper diet and medication use on their health status
- Objective information for your physician to make changes in your medications more timely to reduce ER visits and hospitalizations
The Honeywell HomMed® Health Monitoring System is an FDA Class II, Hospital Grade Medical Device. It measures:
- Heart rate
- Blood pressure
- Blood oxygen
- Weight (up to 500 pounds)
WHO IT HELPS
Our remote monitoring services support clients with a recent ER, hospital or nursing home discharge, those with chronic health issues such as cardiac disease, respiratory disease or diabetes, and those requiring close monitoring of their health status.
BENEFITS OF TELE-MONITORING
- Helps identify even small changes in healthy status earlier and prevents unnecessary ER visits and hospitalizations
- Gives peace of mind knowing that a medical professional is monitoring the patient’s health every day
- Helps individuals remain independent and healthy within the comfort of their own home
- Provides all care team members with the health information they need to provide the best level of healthcare possible
- Educates, encourages and motivates individuals to take better care of themselves and lead a healthier lifestyle
HOW IT WORKS
When a referral is made, we schedule a home visit where we install the equipment and teach the client or family how to use it.
Every day, the client can take their own measurements per tele-monitor and automatically send the information via phone line to Progressive Home Health and Hospice. Our tele-monitoring RN reviews the information and initiates clinical interventions. The RN also reports the information to the physician.
The wireless system transmits real-time vital data into our centralized communication station, including the patient’s weight, glucose levels, oxygen saturation, blood pressure, vital signs, peak flow monitor, PT/INR meter, and enhanced SPO2 algorithm.
There is no cost to Medicare-eligible patients who are referred to us for home healthcare services and meet the selection criteria. Other individuals have the option of being monitored at a nominal fee. We’ll help you or your loved one determine if the eligibility requirements apply.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
There is no cost to Medicare eligible patients who are referred to us for home healthcare services and meet the selection criteria. Other individuals have the option of being monitored at a nominal fee. We’ll help you or your loved one determine if the eligibility requirements apply.